Happy hump day! Is it me or is this week draaaging?
Here is something to help you with that mid week hump… a dish that is minimum on effort but big on taste. Sometimes you don’t have to give a lot to get a lot to get a lot back in return and often by Wednesday it already feels like you’ve earned your weekend?! I know I’m not alone here. Maybe this week is being a bit of a bitch as it’s the last few weeks before half term, the clocks changing, the cold weather finally arriving, the full moon.. who bloody knows but I for one can do with a little bit of a break.
This is a delicious,winter warmer on a plate of a dish and very easy to cook. In fact you can pre-cook the ingredients a day or so in advance and then when you want to eat it add them together quickly in a pan to re-heat for a super quick meal. Which is great if your short on time but want something healthy and delicious in minutes and its faster too than ordering for a take-a-away.
Easy to cook, easy on the wallet and easy on the waste line. A firm new favourite.
800g, 4 Cups Brown Rice
1 x Squash
3 x Sweet Potatoes
2 x Red Onions
2 x garlic cloves
x 3 table spoons coriander
1 x 250g (pack) Halloumi
4 x good sized spring onions
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c, Gas Mark 4, 350f
2.Peel the veg and cut in to bite sizes chunks
3. Cover the veg in a coat of olive oil
4. Put the veg in the oven to roast for approx. 40 mins
5. Rinse and cook the rice as per the packet instructions
6. Slice the Halloumi into .5 cm slices and fry in drop of olive oil for one minute on either side
7. Warm approx. 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan (if you have pre-cooked rice and veg start from this point)
8. Add all ingredients (including garlic, spring onions and coriander) and cook on a medium heat until everything is heated through (approx. 3 mins if freshly cooked/warm ingredients or 8 mins if pre-cooked/cold).