This is really is super quick (ready in mins), ultra easy, yet fantastic tasting dish.
Perfect to throw together if you have a friend over for lunch.
I’ve never particularly liked prunes but had them recently with goats cheese and walnuts (of which I currently have a mild addiction!) and am now a convert.
I use a soft goats cheese from a tub so its creamy and mild creating the perfect base for the sweetness of the prunes and saltines of the parma ham. The walnuts add a nice texture and crunch, and at the moment I can’t stop adding them to most things I cook!
For 2 people
- 200g dried gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 x tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of goats cheese
- 5 x finely chopped prunes
- 4 x chopped slices of parma ham
- 2 x tablespoons of broken walnuts
- generous salt and pepper to taste
- cook pasta as per packet instructions TIP: not all gluten-free pasta is equal. I have found that you need to stir the pasta so it doesn’t stick and always rinse in cold water once cooked, before eating or adding sauce etc.
- drain pasta and stir in olive oil, goats cheese and prunes and cook on a gentle heat to warm through – approx. 2 mins
- add walnuts and parma ham to the pan stir through for a min to warm
- taste and season with salt and pepper
EASY PEASY! As my daughter would say.