Make Your Own Easter Eggs
Hmmm Chocolate. Need I say anything more? Easter. It’s all about the chocolate ha! ha!
Making your own Easter eggs and chocolate treats is much easier than you’d imagine. It’s also a great activity for the kids to get involved in during the Easter hols.
You don’t need any fancy equipment just a few ingredients, a pan, bowl and water, 20 mins or so, a few hours in the freezer chilling and boom chocolate heaven!
Naturally refined sugar, dairy and gluten free.
To make these eggs I used my chocolate recipe here. As with my chocolate recipe you can pimp these up any additional fruit or ingredient you like. I used these egg moulds but there are a wide range and variety out there and this recipe will work with most. Happy Easter and enjoy your chocolate making and eating!
MAKE YOUR OWN EASTER EGGS
A luxurious, rich pure chocolate Easter Egg naturally gluten, grain and dairy free.
This will make approx. 24 egg halves or 12 full chocolate eggs.
- 220g x raw cacao butter
- 1 x tablespoon of coconut oil
- 150g x cacao powder
- 175g x 100% maple Syrup
- 2 x tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 x generous pinches of Maldon/good quality sea or himalayan salt
- Gently melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl, placed in a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- When melted gently stir in the cacao powder, honey and maple syrup using a spatular until you have an even thick chocolate consistency and add the salt.
- Pour into your egg moulds baking paper and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and pop the chocolate out of the moulds and enjoy.
Notes: This chocolate will last for up to 3 days and is best kept covered or wrapped in foil or baking paper, for best results over long periods of time store in a fridge. It will also freeze covered for up to one month.